Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Still alive, but barely

Wow, sorry for not posting in so long. We have been BUSY. I left for Alabama on July 9th, leaving Edward to finish out Ice Patrol and check us out of our apartment in NC. He joined me in Montgomery for my friend Anna's wedding on July 26 and from there we went to Dothan to see my family, than back to Montgomery to see Edward's family, than to Bham to see friends, and finally back to Dothan to regroup and repack for the trip.

My "retirement" is going well, but I thought I would have more free time. Don't get me wrong, I've had a day or two of lounging in my nephews baby pool but the rest has been squeezing in all the family time I can. I was so lucky to get to stay in Dothan for two weeks with my family. My brother-in-law is a saint for putting up with me that long. I am also pretty sure I left his house a mess with no food and his son saying a few words he shouldn't.

Well, we've finally said all our sad goodbyes and are on the road. We spent last night at my families beach house in Panama City and met Edward's dad in Pensacola this morning. Next stop...New Orleans.





The trip begins! Edward and me before we left Dothan.


















My sister and me with my precious nephew Jackson.













Dinner with friends (Robinsons and Carrolls) in Bham. It was so hot my hair looks wet.


















On the deck in Panama City.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I already love your blog. You guys be safe and have a great time driving cross country. Can't wait to see how the city of New Orleans treats you. Make certain you eat enough beignets for everyone!

I thought for sure we would look even more drenched from the heat of the oyster house!
Andria